Friday, July 2, 2010

i hope you...

...have a best friend like me...

let me introduce April.

she's awesome. we met almost 6 years ago. i know, right? it's only been 6 years!? i had been teaching at teaneck high school in northern new jersey (yes, there is a difference between northern and southern and central new jersey) and a teacher, at the end of my first year said to me, Robin - there is another teacher from the south joining us next school year. so i did what any respectable, lonely for southern comfort woman would do, stalked her my first year, heck, my first day, at teaneck. i found her at the opening day breakfast and said, hey...i heard you're from the south- she said, yes...from gastonia (and something about also having lived half of her life in south carolina also, which i ignorned) i said, my mom's from gastonia! she said, really? have you heard of tony's ice cream? I said, heard of it? my mom used to work for tony!

and....

a friendship was born!

i gotta tell ya...it's hard making friends as you get older! i mean, like april, i don't have many friends from high school. we just kind of went our separate ways.

somehow april and i 'get' each other. it's great. i love having a friend who i've only known for 6 years who i feel like i've known a life-time. we love each other through the good and the bad. last year she and jason were in cahoots (like that, do ya?) and totally surprised me with a visit from april in july! it was great. this year wasn't a surprise but she came out to visit for a whole week. it was great. i talk to her many times a week and miss her daily.

i wish we lived in the same town.

except...

as much as i love you april....

here....

is why...

you won't be babysitting anytime soon....



love you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have no idea what to put here

I'm just filling up space

Followers