Thursday, September 30, 2010

just some random thoughts...

well...school has started and the leaves are falling on the ground. scratch that....do over....school has started and the weather was 113 degrees on monday, 98 Tuesday, 92 Wednesday and 92 today. what?! well...this is southern california. these, my friends, are not complaints. i love the heat. i choose heat over cold any day. granted, i don't really choose 110 degree weather but if forced to choose i choose heat. this week i've been playing polytechnic school lower school librarian. while it's been really fun reading to kindergarteners through fifth graders i would never want to be a lower school teacher! it's just way too much for me. i would rather teach the electron configuration and newton's laws that i'll be teaching to my chemistry and physics kids next week any day. any day! a couple of funny things from this week though:

kindergartner: what's your name?
me: mrs. barnes
same kindergartner: is ms. callero (the librarian i'm subbing in for) on a date?

4th grader: where are you from?
me: guess
4th graders (guess in this order): texas! england!

england? really? i take that as a compliment - i work on my british accent all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have no idea what to put here

I'm just filling up space

Followers