Tuesday, June 7, 2011

playing catch up

well....this school year was a great year, but did have its challenges. i'm a little slow sometimes and it takes me a while to process exactly what's going on. i realized this spring that, although i had taught chemistry for 13 years it had actually been 7 or 8 years that i had taught some of the concepts that i had to teach this year (acids and bases, thermochemistry, equilibrium, etc.), therefore, i needed to work "overtime." but....i can't really work overtime, can i? i mean, i work my patootie off from 8am until 4pm because i don't like picking little man up much past 4:30 if i can help it and after that i can't do any school work until after 8pm and after 8pm my brain just does not function! jason, however, can work overtime if necessary. all he has to do is to call and say, i'll be late. i'm not complaining. i want to be here with cashel to do all that i do and i know that jason wants to be here too. therefore, he and i worked it out for him to take cashel at least twice a week so that i could leave for work early and get there to get more stuff done when i can function better. and...i've gone in on saturdays and sundays at times too. teamwork baby! that's what this parent thing is all about.

there you have it my friends...the reason why my posts have been sporadic at best plus the fact that ,quite honestly, i've literally been sick of looking at my computer screen. so i'm playing catch up.  below is a trip to the science museum, or the dinosaur museum, as cashel calls it, over my spring break.

natural science museum in los angeles

at a park beside the museum


he'd rather be chasing birds

see?

my little climber

look at the t-rex mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have no idea what to put here

I'm just filling up space

Followers