Monday, October 10, 2011

lost

i am...

somewhere between telling my students "get your homework out'...and they listen...and "cashel, let's get your pj's on"....and he doesn't listen

somewhere between walking the dogs for my pleasure and walking my dogs for their pleasure

somewhere between being the wife who wants to cook dinner and the wife who wants to order in

somewhere between being able to take a nap on a saturday afternoon and sucking it up and cleaning the house

somewhere between making the time to work out and actually working out

somewhere between knowing i should start christmas shopping, birthday shopping, thanksgiving planning and actually doing it

somewhere between wanting to write this right now and wanting to shut the computer and watch tv

somewhere between cashel saying "mommy, sleep with me" and my papers saying "grade me"

somewhere between feeling like i'm a good mama, wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher and being all of those things....

3 comments:

  1. I feel your joy (and pain). Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a WONDERFUL wife, mother, sister (in-law!), daughter, friend, teacher. Don't ever think you're not! We have all been there (my daily struggle, with the girls in school all day, is to NOT climb back into bed and sleep all day til they get home!!) You are in good company as I've heard every one of my friends express similar sentiments over the years. I love you Robin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most good moms feel "lost" from time to time. My advice...be sure to take a few minutes for yourself each day. It feels selfish, but it is so important in order be there and available for your family and your students.

    ReplyDelete

I have no idea what to put here

I'm just filling up space

Followers