Sunday, March 24, 2013

dear mama

perhaps i'm feeling a bit sentimental right now.  that's very likely.

jason has more than supported my proclamation of "i gotta get outta here and take a break!"

 i'm by myself in la quinta, california.  california?  really?

sometimes i have to pinch myself.  am i really a girl from north carolina who has moved from north carolina to new jersey to california?

yep.  that's me.

i think i've always been a bit restless that way.  always needing to be in the "center of it all".  whatever that means...so here's to raleigh, new york and los angeles....

but by no means was it ever an excuse to get away from you and daddy.  that was never a thought.  it was simply me needing to spread by wings in the way i knew how.  once i figured out the kernersville wasn't the center of the universe (a HUGE shock to me by the way) i needed to see it all.

so here i sit.  last night i was cuddling with my best boy cashel.  we cuddle as much as possible.  it's both of our favorite form of entertainment.  i can't imagine life without my cuddles with cashel.  then i got to thinking.  i've heard some mothers say that their child isn't much of a cuddler.  how sad.  i cannot...cannot.....cannot imagine that.  it breaks my heart.  cashel would rather cuddle with me than drink chocolate milk....and that's a super hard thing to top!

mama.  my point is this.  when we are together - which is not nearly enough these days,  i want to cuddle with you.  as much as i would prefer to be the cuddler than the cuddlie, i will do it for you.  i know how special it is to be able to cuddle with your little one.

and cashel has reminded me how special it is to cuddle with mommy and i want to do that with you.

till this summer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have no idea what to put here

I'm just filling up space

Followers