Monday, August 10, 2009

surprise!

at 10am on friday, july 24th, i strapped cash into his car seat and headed to the burbank airport to pick up our friend matt grimm......or so i thought!

on my way there, matt called to say that he had just landed and that he just needed to grab a sandwich and he would meet me outside. ok, i said. no big deal, i'll be there in less than 10 minutes. as i approached the airport my phone rang. it was april.

april: Hey, what are you doing?

robin: oh, just picking up matt from the airport.

april: oh, that's nice of you. how do you know how to find someone if you're not coming in to the airport?

robin: you just drive around and call each other and finally meet up (me thinking...that's a silly question april. you're a smart girl but whatever...i always answer april's questions, no matter how silly i think they are"

april: hey, if we were together right now we could go have lunch.

robin: yea - that would be so nice!

april: ok then, come pick me up.

robin: what?

april: come pick me up.

robin: what are you talking about?

april: robin, what would you say if i told you i got up at 4:3o this morning and took an early flight out here to see you?

robin: i'd say you're awesome.

april: so come pick me up. robin, you're not picking up matt from the airport. i'm here and i just saw you pass me a few minutes ago!

needless to say, i was stunned and perplexed and super happy! We had a great 4 days together and below are some pictures!
april in her most natural setting...with a book
venice beach
venice beach
hollywood walk of fame....rip michael jackson
this beer is as big as april's head
my bff

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have no idea what to put here

I'm just filling up space

Followers