Monday, September 10, 2012

the great freckle debate

as you all know, cashel is obsessed with a mole on the right side of my face, close to my ear, that he calls a freckle.

i have instilled (or tried to) a rule that he can only touch my freckle at night.

he's sneaky though.

he'll touch my freckle while i'm getting him dressed or bending down to talk to him and he'll say, i just want to touch your hair, and on the way to touch my hair he'll sneak in a freckle touch.

or...if i'm carrying him because he's "too busy walking to walk" he'll sneak a touch and say something like, "it's ok to touch your freckle because it's getting dark, right, mommy?"  then i'll say, "well, cashel, it's 1pm so it's not going to get dark for a long time." and he'll reluctantly stop.

my sister in law told me that her friend's son was obsessed with rubbing her hair through his fingers.  she finally stopped that and found him picking up her hair from the bathroom floor.

ahhhh...such sweet boys to be obsessed with their mommies.

well, this is what happened yesterday morning.

as cashel and i were waking up he reached over for my freckle as usual and said, "mommy, is your freckle getting smaller?" 

i said (seeing an opportunity here), "yea bud - it is."

he says, "maybe it's because i push on it so much."

my response?  "yep.  i bet that's it."

he immediately stopped touching it!

later that afternoon jason and cashel had a conversation about who was reading to him last night.  this is a routine conversation.  cashel usually wants me to read to him because of...you guessed it....my freckle.  i'll often ask him, "cashel, do you want me in the bed with you because of me or because of my freckle, and he'll say it's because of my freckle."  this helps ease jason's ego a bit.  it's not me he wants, it's my freckle.

anyhoo...back to the story.

cashel:  daddy, is it your turn to read to me?

jason: yes, cashel, it's my turn.

cashel:  well, i know that the other day i told you i was ok with that but i'm not.  i want mommy to read to me.

jason: is it because of mommy's freckle?

cashel:  no!  i don't want to touch her freckle!  it's getting smaller and i don't want it going away!

he he he he.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have no idea what to put here

I'm just filling up space

Followers